Excerpt from “Editor’s Note” featured in this issue
This time around, we had a lack of submissions. It was difficult finding submissions that would give a balance of talent AND representation. We wanted quality, but we also wanted “harmony” and include works that spoke to each other. We sacrificed quantity for these reasons, so this issue is unfortunately small. What we lack in quantity we have compensated in the work featured and it is our hope that the new style will draw in more readers and submitters.
Link to Issue
- We made a flyer
- We will still be us
- Still making public domain images our bitch
- The biggest change is that we are becoming annual, and are planning on a September issue.
- This way, we can make sure we have a polished, professional publication that does not impinge on our other commitments.
- The Duotrope and about page will be updated to reflect this
Feel free to share the image.
Our apologies to those who’ve been submitting. Let’s just do a rapid-fire update.
- BBL is going semi-annual
- However, as much as we would like to put out the May issue tonight, we won’t be posting it until Friday, which is why this is rapid-fire, so we can get back to work.
This issue features work by (Link)
- Sue Donimb
- Donal Mahoney
- My Nguyen
- Mitchell Waldman
We’re back, just in time to say goodbye to 2015!
Thanks to all of you who submitted.
This issue includes
- Helen Shay
- Donal Mahoney
- Allen Kopp
- Mitchell Grabois
- and a Christmas poem by newcomer Rebecca James
Tomorrow we will announce the accepted work for the December issue that comes out Thursday.